HALVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Brussels sprouts are small, round, green vegetables, almost always about 1 to 2 inches wide. They belong to the cabbage family, including kale, broccoli, collard greens, and cauliflower. Brussels sprouts look like miniature cabbages, but they are milder in flavor.
Brussels sprouts are mushy to eat when cooked; they can also be served raw when crumbled. They are packed with nutrients and can be included in many meals.
Brussels Sprouts Salad
– 700 g of Halved Brussels Sprouts
– 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
– ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup walnuts, cut in half
– 2 ½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
– 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F). Spread the diced sweet potato and halved Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet.
Drizzle everything with 1/4 cup of olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Roast the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on the lower rack until tender and deep golden brown, approx. 20-25 minutes.
For the dressing: Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix the vinaigrette with a fork.
Take the brussels sprouts and sweet potato out of the oven and pour them into a large salad bowl.
Add the walnuts and drizzle the vinaigrette on top and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.